PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sovereign Pay
Thread: Sovereign Pay
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 05:08
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TN8B

You have a point - its exactly the point I made regarding new hires above, but with respect having a go at HD on your 2nd post on prune with "In the fast lane.....MOVE OVER" under your title isn't going to be helping you get that point across.

If thats your going rate for a 680 Captain then Im doing well, If I was out of work of course I'd happily do it for 60k, would I then jump ship to anoher operator at a moments notice for more cash in the future........of course I would.

The guy in the back gets EXACTLY what he pays for - pay less - get less.....less loyalty, less availability, less aircraft husbandry, less everything.

Im lucky my boss could well have save himself 5k per year by blaming the recession and topping and tailing my salary and benefits - he didn't and I'll still hopefully be with him in 2012 when your "going rate" is more than what I'm on now. That 5k he saved just bought him a whole lot of loyalty and in terms of availability a "the answers yes whats the question" attitude

HD is still doing just as good a job as he was 3 years ago on the same aircraft, why not defend your Ts & Cs? After all the aircraft still needs flying and Im not sure about yours but my aircraft has no idea we're in the middle of a recession.

In short:

New hires...... take what you can get
Existing Hires.......hug your boss