PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 00:36
avgh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timothy

I have nothing but praise for the golfers who called immediately to get services on site, the rescue service, police and hospital. They coordinated well and I was really well looked after. I did say that in the Press interviews and it was widely reported at the time. My apologies if that was not made clear to this forum.

The dark blue pyjamas, with a belt and my high viz jacket made me look like a hospital/rail worker I supposed. I left the hospital to get some clothes from a local tesco or something but while waiting had a message from the police that the plane was being removed so I went straght to the park.

Unfortunately my sprained ankle prevented me from walking to the site and no electric buggies were available so I went to the club house and the taxi driver (who plays on the course) kindly walked up to the tree. He reported nothing was happening there after all and that no time was being predicted. (all the club officials were away that day or maybe someone would have found me a buggy. The professional was giving a lesson....)

So I went home, catching the 14:00 from Edinburgh for Kings Cross where my wife met me with clothes. Wanting to see my wife and younger son was a powerful attraction, but I did have the funeral of my first wife's mother to arrange for Monday so home looked good. Husbands and parents will I am sure understand. Vince