PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2009, 00:18
avgh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace - thank you. I have followed your comments with interest.

When I first heard that this forum was being quoted in the Press I was puzzled. I have known a number of pro pilots (including RAF) and none of them would criticise a fellow pilot based on press reports alone.

It took me ages to get into the thread - mostly cos my glasses and spare pair were up a tree and my old ones here prevented me from seeing the funny numbers and letters and stuff. Then I noticed the refresh and simply click it until I see something legible.

Once in I decided that there was so much "disinformation" that I would quietly feed in real info.

For those who listened I am grateful Those who sought to undermine me, construct alternative scenarios, fantasise, speculate I can consider that this is a rumour forum and that is fair enough.

However, the abusive and hostile comments from some make me query whether this sort of anonymity is a good thing.

I still believe it is entirely wrong for comments of any sort made on this anonymous forum should be made into Press headlines. the Press can have their day when the Enquiry has done its work. In the meantime speculate on, but only expect to be taken seriously if you also listen.

Pace - I exclude you from these comments as you are one who has listened and thought! Vince

Vince