PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Tips
Thread: Any Tips
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 20:46
colette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool go for it

Hi Scott,

I think I might have replied to a similar post of yours before but I would say 100% go for it and start the course. I was in your position about 5 years ago now and can honestly say it was the best decision I could have made, and that was even back when the economy situation wasnt as bleak.
I started aero eng at Glasgow in 2004, saved student loans and did my PPL whilst there, graduated last summer and was lucky enough to get a good job with BAE where am now managing to fund atpls, hour building etc completely debt free. I know its frustrating when you want to fly straight away but you're young, go to uni and have some fun, join the air squadron at Glasgow or work towards your PPL whilst studying.

Good luck with your decision, there are probably a few on here who wouldnt agree with me as granted the course can be very frustrating and tedious at times and difficult to actually relate to aircraft, but from my year of graduation most have found good and well paid employment in a range of industries (aviation, oil and gas, renewable energy etc) so my 2p worth would say good idea!