PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sovereign Pay
Thread: Sovereign Pay
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 15:45
Triple Nickel 8 Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont get it. You're saying that you consider £60k per year the equivalent of working for food....or for free?? That's not what I said is it? I said that you should charge the going rate....the going rate for a Sovereign Captain is about the £60k-£65k mark as an average and that this sum is pretty good. If you think that is a paultry sum, then you're clearly doing well depsite being so seemingly miserable in what you do and you should be thankful....not "have it in" for all aircraft owners.

We all have to put up in the Corporate world, of flying people round with huge sums of cash....but hey, what does it matter? When you're lying on your death bed one day in the future, taking your last gasp of air, you'll realise it doesnt matter a jot.

It sounds like you've had a bit of a volatile working relationship with your employers, be them past, present or both. I guess it's all relative. I still inject as much enthusiasm into my job as I can, depsite the downs I have to encounter and of course, I appreciate the ups.