PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sovereign Pay
Thread: Sovereign Pay
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 14:39
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Wellwellwell, so earning good money does no good? Allright then, lets fly for food, or rather nothing.
I dunno about you, but I´m in this here profession to earn money. I had to bring a lot of enthusiam, sweat AND money to get where I am today. The 'other' side - employers - cancelled the contract the workforce once had with certain employers: you treat me well and I´ll threat you good. NOWADAYS they want all for nothing, good work , spirit, knowledge etcetc. IF they FAIL, well then its our problem. If we fail, our problem again.
If you would know me, then you would know that I don´t give a toss on uniform, status, being called: captain etcetc. In fact I´m the first to slip out the uniform and wear jeans. I always regard my profession of being a craftmanship, nothing less and nothing more.

There is maybe a difference between owners that actually own the airplanes and the AOC, and just aircraft owners. However, I myself and many others that I know, have been married to their jobs also in the meaning of being underpaid and overworked. And I don´t know a single person that was rewarded for his loyalty.

Regarding the difference of a well paid and a underpaid crew, if you look at the overall costs, then it should dawn on you that the crewages are just the cream. The pain is other things, but if Mr.Iownashinyjet comes to Mr. ATC and says: now mate, gotta cut my spendings, you get less than before, then this won´t work. But with crews, it apparently will.

Would I like to be the guy in the back? Sure would, it means you can afford a bizjet. Sitting up front never meant being rich anyways.

And yes, you can f... me for the correct amount of Euros. Emphasizing: CORRECT amount of. If you do it for less, so be it.