PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 - LAME positions.
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 14:22
Long Bay Mauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a tit you are !!

So Mr Fixit,you seem to have a problem with those that have taken the initiative to train themselves.

Thank God I dont follow your small minded, communist views, as today I would most likely have been made redundant whilst waiting for Qantas to train me.My career would have stagnated whilst all the glory boys got the training,and then when all the Ansett refugees came in and pipped me in the training stakes,I would have been kept down again.

So instead of leaving mine and my familys fate in the lap of the Gods,I decided to take control of my future and make sure I had a future.

If I had listened to eye swivelling lunatics like you and believed your tripe,and there were plenty of you then and still are plenty of your type about now,I would not be making my weekly subs to the ALAEA,and more importantly,I would be on about a third of the wage I am now.

Your comments typify those bludgers who sit around all day whingeing to whoever will listen to your utter bollocks. I suspect that you are most likely a queer trade pushing the upper levels of the wage structure.

And if I am wrong and youre not in the upper levels, then I would still assume that you are Avionics. And if you arent licenced on everything by now that Qantas flys after 30 years in the industry, then the reason for your lack of training is simple really. Its YOU!!

At the end of the day,my licence is MY licence and not Qantas's,so if training LAMEs was simply left to Qantas or other carriers,and we werent able to train ourselves, we would probably be a lot further down the track of a licencing system where the employer totally dictates who is trained and how many "approvals" are issued by QA.

Maybe that is what worked in Mother Russia in the old days pal, but if it wasnt for organisations such as Queensland Aerospace,JTP and the like, then you would likely have a lot less guys out there as fellow union members,and we would likely see a much weaker system where we would now be hiring foreigners on 457 visas instead of employing Aussies in what is a good industry.

Looking forward to you having a "cry" in reply.