PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Campaign to Stop Stupid Calls on 121.5
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 13:18
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Strewth we can be precious about all of this.

If I accidentally transmit on guard then I hope someone gives me a quick heads up so that I can change frequencies straight away. I'd much prefer this than wasting a minute listening out, re-transmitting and doing this two or three times before someone lets me know. It's not that friggin complex is it? It's not that big a deal for someone to tell me after the first time is it?

To be blunt, those that get express dismay about the 'guard police' are just as big a dills as those who say 'go ahead' to the original transmission.

Cut out the idle chit chat by all means but let's not make this more complex than it has to be. If someone's got it wrong, 'someone else' will tell them. Given that none of us have any idea of who else is listening in the odds are there will be a few people telling the bloke/blokette that they're on the wrong frequency.

I obviously haven't been flying enough recently because I'm buggered if I can see what all the angst is about! Just chillax! (I hope I used angst in the right context or a certain Qrewroomer is going to be on to me! ).