PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sovereign Pay
Thread: Sovereign Pay
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 10:33
Triple Nickel 8 Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres me.....heres my point.....and here is HIS DUDENESS šI CANT FIND IT....I CANT FIND THE POINTš!

Demanding high salaries does nobody any favours. Getting paid the going rate is the best way forward and in this case, the money mentioned is about the going rate....maybe a little shy of it. A very wise, very experienced, straight talking aircraft operator I used to fly for once said šIf a person is going to be a whore, be that an aviation whore or otherwise, then they should be the best bloody whore they can be and should charge the going rate!š. A crude way of putting it maybe....but it makes sense.

You know, the cost of the crew may not be the be all and end all for an aircraft owner, but it could very well be a contributing factor when it comes to weighing up keeping or selling his Jet. How many hotel nights can be bought for say the additional 20k? Or how much maintenance? Or how many handling/airport fees, or crew expenses/meals etc etc etc??

Seems to me like HD has a chip on the shoulder....maybe even has the wrong temperament for the trade?? Maybe wishes he was the guy in the back and not the guy up the front? Long gone are the days when being the jockey up front meant having the prestige, social status and cash that the guy in the back has.