PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 08:10
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well BEagle, that kinda explains it. Drinking VB and reading Wilbur-what's his-name probably go hand-in-hand. He's in the same class as Cussler, and I'm very much with Gainesy on this one; so I'd add Wilbur to the list. You and kluge should form a Cussler/what's his-name book club.

Long ago, I had the misfortune to read a Cussler 'novel' - circa 1980 - it arrived from the book club my wife belonged to. You know the deal - 'we're sending you the selection of the month.'

It was a hideous text called 'Vixen 03.' To this day, I refuse to read anything by this bloke (or what's-his-name, for that matter - I ran out of patience after that blockbuster "When the Antelope ****s" was released). In fact, for nearly 30 years now, if I happen to be browsing and find a that book is endorsed by Cussler, or what's -his-name, I won't buy it on principle.

It certainly doesn't surprise me that kluge is an ardent admirer of this dross. However, it's a start kluge, and I do admire the fact that you are trying to read something other than comics. At least you've made the effort to start somewhere; albeit at the LCD level; but I do have hopes for you.

Last edited by Howabout; 18th Aug 2009 at 08:44.