PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 - LAME positions.
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 05:07
another superlame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Mr Fixit what you are saying is that we should all wait for the company to train us, no one should show initiative and anybody that does is a suckhole.
That is a bit rich.
The out if category basics bit, well the industry is changing whether we like it or not and I don't a few QF LAMEs doing extra basics has influenced that change.

The only people who did them before were the as you put it yum cha club members or the special projects tools.How is that fair? Why should these "wannabes" be penalised for doing a bit extra.

As I have said before I agree a new system is needed to overcome all this crap but they have moved the goalposts halfway through the game, and it seems not everyone is playing the game fairly or playing the same game.

And yes it is good to see the union stand up for the little guy, but in this instance the little guy is still being overlooked.

I dont think it will ever be 100% because you can't please everybody all the time, but it needs improvement.

Before the next course EOI comes out, be it for 380,330 737ng or 787 this system needs to be sorted with a set of rules that wont change during the selection process. Hopefully that will allow people to know where they stand from the beginning.