PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2009, 04:45
avgh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cows getting bigger - yes I was operating above the cloud tops, but cloud was broken (at all levels below) and at no time did I lose good VFR sight of the ground. If the cloud had closed in I had an option to the East where there was always less of it. Yours, Vince

IOW

Thank you for your preview of the report to AAIB. Sorry to say there are a number of inaccuracies - such as I did speak to Edinburgh and they referred me to Scottish who gave me a squalk and confirmed it before entering.

And I was transferred out to Inverness (not Edinburgh) by Scottish, but was out of range at that point.

However I shall be happy to answer any questions to the Board, but think I'll wait for that as:

1. all my flight records, notes and charts and Pooley's are in Dundee where I have to go to collect them in person when I can.

2. my changes of flight level were with the permission of Scottish. How did that endanger anyone? they had me on radar and my track and levels were both cleared. I was given the instruction to notify them if I made any significant turns but I did not.

3. I am as keen as anyone else to discover if there were errors but your detailed note, whilst showing a lot of knowledge of the circumstances, shows just how important it is to have an independent investigation that has all the facts, not just some, before it.

Thank you for your thoughtful input. I shall check the charts/satnav plot etc when I get the opportunity to collect them. Vince