PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Shame
Thread: Qantas Shame
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 22:30
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's not journalism; it's look at me, I have an opinion and I don't care who I upset.
This is a beat-up on an obviously slow news day fed to a journo by I suspect the FAAA.
Who is this guy, I have a grandson called Liam and this character has blotted the escutcheon.
After reading these two posts by Wod and Kenny who are people who obviously didn't like the article I thought I would do some research on Liam Bartlett.

Here is some of what I found...
One of Perth’s foremost investigative reporters, Liam Bartlett has been involved in Western Australia’s media industry for the past 15 years, holding positions at Golden West Network, STW Channel 9, Radio 6PR and the ABC.
Liam Bartlett then moved to ABC News and Current Affairs, where he became known to audiences statewide. His reporting culminated in the public disclosure of $30 million in taxpayer funds being secretly funnelled into Rothwell’s Merchant Bank through the State government’s insurance commission. This was considered by many to be the final straw which forced the establishment of the Royal Commission in WA Inc.
He launched STW 9’s Lateline programme, hosted the ABC’s 7.30 Report, and later joined the Nine Network’s A Current Affair in Melbourne.
Over the years, Liam’s reporting has led to the removal of disgraced public officials and the instigation of various parliamentary and departmental enquiries in the areas of Health, Emergency Services, Public Sector Standards and Treasury. It has also seen a state ombudsman sacked, a 30 year suspect finally named as a murderer in the Coroner’s Court, and a Minister lose her portfolio only two weeks into the job.
Liam was appointed to Australia’s most successful current affairs program 60 Minutes in 2006, with his first story reporting from Beirut during the Hezbollah war.
Who is he Wod....Well,to me he sounds like the right sort of journo to open up a can of worms in this business.....