PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 - LAME positions.
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 21:55
mahatmacoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if you haven't been trained for 8 years you get a 25% headstart on a guy who has had a course in the previous 3 years. Well bugger me, what an inovative idea. Two trains of thought from the crew, having heard both sides I interpret them as follows -
  1. Im am great, yes great I am, better than everone else in base. I've spent a year helping the company on a special project to make the company more efficient. I went and bought a course to save the company money. I work faster than everyone else because I run between jobs. I am also a big man and when I tell the coneheads to get out of my way, they always move so I can get my job done first and that lazy dog in the corner who reads the paper at lunchtime instead of planning the afternoon work is now getting a head start on me for nothing. Kev said he would look after me and that has been taken away. How dare the union take away my opportunity to shine.
  2. I got a course last year so of course he deserves a chance, he hasn't been trained for 8 years.
Now I am no rocket scientist but I can work out which option is morally correct. I don't like this new system because it only gives the poor mongeral who constantly gets overlooked an additional 25%. It should be 100%.