PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ News????
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 20:52
Artificial Horizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intersting, if the QN tower is really running this sort of bet then they are being 'grossly negligent' in thier postions and should be reported as such. Having a good number of friends in the ATC profession I find it very hard to believe that any ATC worth his/her wieght in salt would make childish bets instead of official complaints if an airline was really 'in thier opinion' about to have a major accident. I think what you are saying is a big load of ****. To all those who keep saying that J* is reckless in thier opertations into QN, please give us some real examples. Or is it just a fact that in a narrow minded NZ mentallity you are trying to say AIR NEW ZEALAND GOOD, all other foreign OPERATORS BAD!! Can I just ask why you think that J* poses such a risk?? The aircraft are brand new, well equipped, the pilots are experienced (not just in NZ flying either) and they have to adhere to all the regulations just as ANZ do. At the moment they don't get into QN all of the time due to certification issues with the RNAV arrival, but this is something that can only be resolved in time - no shortcuts!! I can tell you also that as stated above QN is just another airport and is a piece of p*ss compared to some places around the world that I and many others have operated into and out of.