PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates A380 in YPPH
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 19:38
PorkKnuckle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Wiz but that was a very short-lived policy of carrying the extra fuel to hold. Now they delay the flight where necessary (usually it delays itself) to achieve an end-of-curfew arrival. No carrying fuel just to hold until end-of-curfew.

Why they don't just re-schedule it now that The Whale is on that sector, I have no idea.

I have on many occasions tankered fuel out of Dubai and on some occasions tankered it INTO Dubai. But EK policy is NOT to tanker to MLW. Dick and/or Jane, you might have to have another read of the fuel policy.

The "green" flight into San Francisco operates a hosed down and "clean" machine with minimum fuel (unlike other sectors???). If they were serious abot the environment, we'd not be tankering fuel (and burning 10-50% of it) on ANY sector. If they were REALLY serious..... we'd not be flying at all.

SOPS, I'm happy to point out what actually happens but beyond that I don't really care what people think we do or don't pay for the fuel. Why do you give a rat's arse what anyone thinks of EK's policies?