PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA flying to, and in China
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 19:22
nandscol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are not planning on simply passing through China and I know that avgas & (if can get it) oxygen, and clearances are going to be a problem. That is why we are planning now, for a flight in August 2010.

I know that the China Flight school in Chengdu has plenty of Cessna 172's etc, so avgas is there - it's just going to be a question of being able to purchase it.
One problem is that the CAFUC is not at the main Chengdu airport, and that not only is it not in the Jepp database, but that the airfield where CAFUC is is not in the Jepp database at all.

Our aircraft is a Vans RV10 -4 seat, but with 2 seats removed for ferry tanks. Cruise alt between 8000 & 17000 ft. Speed 160 knots TAS.

We definitely could do with someone to obtain our flight clearances if at all possible. Our route will be Kolkata (stopping there for fuel & toilet break only, so no customs entry into India), overhead Kunming to Chengdu. Overnight in Chengdu. Then, weather permitting, to Banga and back, with just, say, 30 mins on the ground at Bangda to prove we have been there.
Next day, out of China to Singapore (Seletar).

If there is no avgas in Kolkata, then maybe we will go to Patna, which I have heard is more friendly to transiting aircraft.