PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 15:48
sawtooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard Jet2 were on the verge of launching a NE route from a couple of years ago but it never happened (NCL?)

If they can retain the current routes then UK market is well served from NOC now, in a better economic climate they might be able grow frequency on some routes and possibly sustain EDI with the right carrier/aircraft. LHR will never happen unless under some sort of PSO scheme.

NOC should focus on securing a daily hub connection like CDG to aid long-haul and business access to the NW (Cityjet seem to be doing well with 2x SNN). AMS & MUC/DUS might offer potential also, Ireland had a big inbound Germany/Dutch tourist market in the past but it would require the support of tour operators with strong marketing (Falcon have operated a summer Avro service from ZRH for several years, fishing package holidays I think).

They've done well to maintain their sun charter routes with the loss of XL and several tour operators. I'd say there's demand for weekend break destinations like FCO, BCN. Ryanair could do a couple of rotations weekly like current ALC, but probably a long way off unless they decide to use NOC as a stick to beat SNN.

Last edited by sawtooth; 17th Aug 2009 at 16:01.