PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 13:30
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On airmanship grounds alone, it seems that our hero should not be let loose on other airspace users until he has been educated to an appropriate standard which allows him to use UK airspace without endangering other fliers and the broader public.
Reading the transcripts of the airspace blunders I would totally agree with that satement.
But I would also like to ask where his lack of training has contributed to the catalogue of events which lead to his crash.
The fact that he seems to be unaware of airspace restrictions and unaware of basic facts like flight level settings and RT procedures shows a massive gap in his knowledge.

Who ever trained him has also got some answering to do. I am not sure what is required to gain lower level licences for aircraft like microlights? Did he hold a PPL? I am sure the buck doesn not stop with him but goes further back.

I would also caution against making assertions. I know my own feelings about the accident have changed from sympathetic to less sympathetic to annoyed as further details emerge. Somehow I dont feel this saga has come to its end and could herald changes and stiffening up in training standards.

Pace