PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 - LAME positions.
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 11:10
another superlame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have missed out on a course because my father wasnt the Duty Engineer or because I didn't go boating or golfing with the Leading Hand or foreman, so yes I agree that we needed a better system but I don't think this new one is the one.

Too often in this company you get nowhere from showing initiative and once again this is the case. The whole scoring system is open to abuse and misinterpretation so at the end of the day it seems that is is going to come down to time since last course.

This I believe disadvantages those members who have never done a company course. Yes I know that they are better off than those whose courses have not been recognised ,but why not have an extra concession for those who put in their own time effort and funds to further their careers.

This new system also doesn't recognise those individuals who have put in the time and effort to study and attain their cross trade basics. A lot of guys have down the extra work hoping it will give them a leg up to team 380.

The initial selection criteria for team 380 was an MA or cross trade basics as minimum to even get a foot in the door. Although it is widely known that the manager of the day could bypass this step and select the faces he wanted, so in seeing that the way forward is cross trade basics some driven individuals have gotten some or all of these thinking it will would surely help come EOI time.

But this is not the case, the goalposts have been moved again and no-one has been told.

So at the end of the day yes there is a new system in place to overcome a lot of the historical course selection problems, but will it work and will the outcomes be any different from the status quo?

I doubt it and going by the talk at the jetbase most other people feel the same.

Fed Sec I hope this is adequate feedback.

Last edited by another superlame; 17th Aug 2009 at 11:55. Reason: grammatical