PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: APNG Twin Otter Missing
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 09:22
hoggsnortrupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Jet A:

Love the fumes, almost as good as Castrol R & 130 Octane:

Jet mate, I think your opinion is flawed mate, it is a difficult place to operate and has been proven as such over the years,

Now! Q: I think any risk assessment that accepts a fatal accident as a consequence of operating a service is fundamentally flawed. No human life is worth a commercial air service. None, zero, zip, nada full stop.

So do I, I agree, but who's to say it is acceptable?

And! Q: Yes air services are essential to PNG and yes air services are dangerous in PNG. However Airlines PNG are not a charity, and they are not part of the government. They are accepting the consequences of operating, being four fatal Twotter accidents and 40+ fatalities in 15 years in return for $$.
So you acknowledge the dificulties and that it is dangerous.

So do I.

And! Q; They are accepting the consequences of operating, being four fatal Twotter accidents and 40+ fatalities in 15 years in return for $$.

I happen to think they are doing rather well, considering they are "perhaps" the primary mover of meat around the interior, when in recent years past TAlair had 7 accidents in twelve years,Talair 01 Apr 1981 Mt. Hagen, Papua, New Guinea Cessna 402 Talair 14 Jan 1983 Near Karimui, Papua New Guinea Britten Norman BN-2A-20 Trislander Talair 06 Sep 1984 Mt. Musaka, Papua, New Guinea Britten-Norman BN-2A-20 Islander Talair 06 Feb 1987 Off Papua, New Guinea Embraer 110P2 Bandeirante Talair 08 Dec 1987 Kanabea, Papua New Guinea Britten-Norman BN-2A-2 Islander Talair 21 Jul 1989 Porgera, New Guinea de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter 300 Talair 15 Apr 1992 Near Goroka, Papua New Guinea Embraer 110P1 Bandeirante.

To say accepting human lives against profit is acceptable is abhorrent to me, and I guess to a good many other folk in the business.

One could hazard a guess that perhaps it is safer today than was of yester year!

But just my opinion:

H/Snort.