PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CCQ @ QLink
Thread: CCQ @ QLink
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2009, 01:30
32megapixels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the moderator classifies the operator as GA.

Being someone who has come off the q400 to the sustaining fleet, being trained by some of the most experienced q400 operators world wide, I would reflect their opinions in thinking that this is not a good idea. I do like to try new things, but this is pushing it I would think. Whilst I would love to get back on the q400 and the payrise...is it worth it??

The short term financial gains will definately be out weight by mistakes...and then of course it is pilot error....not management incompetence. The lack of knowledge of the pen pushes, who still call themselves Capt. this and Capt. that is absolute rubbish. Driving different size desks and keyboards is not so challenging, whilst at the end of the day they can go home to their families.

If something does go wrong, the desk drivers deserve gaol time over this serious breach of proven duty of care, to not only the employees but also the public.

I am not angry or upset about this decision, I just think it may not be a very smart one....and for those flying the line they would understand this!