PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this wrong?
Thread: Is this wrong?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2009, 23:28
VadeR102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did say F-15's, didn't I? I know this is my third post, but that has nothing to do with my knowledge.

In this area, i have maybe seen a Tornado 10 times, sure if i went to the mach loop, i would see them more. Ive seen F-15's 40-50 times, maybe more, so i definetly know which plane is which when i see one. I love aviation, especially military. have done for over 20 years.

Yes, these people put themselves in harms way for us, yes, they would fight to their deaths if need be, and i do respect them for that, who can't?

What i'm saying is, high attitude/high AoA/slow speed/low attitude is a dangerous situation, oh, did i mention it was gusty weather too? If the F15 had windshear(which was possible), what you think would/could of happened?

I dont think people would be too happy if an F15 dropped out of the sky, squashing several houses killing several people, possibly more, especially if they learnt that their was no mechanical/hydraulic/system/avionics failiures.

Their is a complaints department for a reason, just because they are fighter pilots, and they protect the entire UK, does not mean they can do what the hell they want.

Its the same with law enforcment officers, just because 'they are the law' they think that they can go as fast as they like, just because they want to. We go fast, we get fined, they go fast, oh its ok then.

Like i said, I do respect pilots, and what they do. All i'm saying is, if you want to fly slow, and do high AoA manuvers, at least do it over open areas, so that if something does happen, they only at leas kill themselves. No need to get the general public involved in the 'excersise'. After all, the public pay for these aircraft.

As far as my grammer goes, does not bother me.