PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foriegn IR Conversion?
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2002, 19:40
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greaser
A monkey would not be able to pass an FAA test because he would not pass the oral.

How true, the orals are tough and will always weed out the people who do not "understand". CFI orals are a friggen nightmare!!

Canadiankid

I have also read that if you have 1500 + 500 multi crew...

It's ICAO ATP with 500 multi crew.

In other professions, medicine is one I know well, UK medical degrees are not officially recognised by the US, and vice versa. However, seeing as doctors in both countries like to take overseas working holidays, the regulations permit exceptions to the seemingly rigidly enforced rules. Quite right too, sensible people should be able to make exceptions to inflexible rules. So even in a protectionist profession like medicine, they can bend the rules when it suits them.

Not so in aviation, obviously there are JAA members with totally rigid and protectionist attitudes. This is particularly stupid, because a Canadian IR pilot can fly IFR in a C reg plane in JAA airspace. Obviously changing a letter painted on the fuselage changes the proficiency of the pilot, how stupid of me not to realise