PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: AFAP and the Mutual Benefit Fund
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2009, 09:10
fmcinop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, I have spoken to some of nut not all of the MBF trustees and the AFAP so have a good grasp of both sides of the story.

The costing I have related to the setup and ongoing cost of having a FSL are about 4 years old so are no longer relevant. I can remember being horrified at the time after being presented with the costing. I would be willing to bet the costing have gone up since then!

I have no real problem with guys giving up their time to be trustees. I know the sacrifice after having done it for 3 years. There is a push however to disallow AFAP board member from being trustees, many of the current trustees have been both at the same time. So what is the real issue? My point is that if there is an issue with AFAP board members boing trustees then I think that there should also be an issue with non current MBF members being trustees.

At least 2 of the current trustee disagree with the current push. If there is not a unanimous agreement by the trustees, why not. What are their concerns?

This is a major change that will alter the fund forever. Why the rush to try and push it all through before the AGM?

Slow down, take a breath, establish communication with the AFAP and go from there.
Don Diego I can only assume you are a trustee at the moment so answer this:
Why the rush??????