PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SYD Airport Security Confiscates "Dangerous" Tuna
Old 16th Aug 2009, 03:54
dirtysidedown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some years ago, post 9/11, I was stopped by a drone. He was most concenned about my Jepps as the folder could easily be used as a weapon. He called a supervisor to discuss this. His supervisor was most supportive of him and agreed it was a good idea to confiscate.

When I would not surrender my Jepps, something of a commotion occurred, and the security drones were finally convinced that the aircraft would not depart without the Jepps. We we allowed on our way.

Not Syd, but Bne.

In Bne, it is a requirement that a cigarette lighter is to be carried on one's person. Not in a nav bag. When I quereied this, the drone responded that if it exploded,(for some reason), the person holding the lighter would notice it,[sic]. I asked him if he thought that it would be better if it "exploded" harmlessly in my nav bag it would be preferalble to it exploding not so harmlessly in my trouser pocket and rendering me incapcitated. BLANK LOOK.

There must be a million of these things happenning every day.

Bring on the revolution.

Problem is, pilots are as weak as piss and we all learnt a valuable lesson a few years back if I remember rightly.