PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2009, 19:47
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, everyone & his dog seem to have had their say so I think I'm entitled as well.
As another low time NPPL(A)
Biggles, model aircraft, Is this a "Biggles & the Red Baron meets Flight of The Pheonix, fairy story?
Vince, in my opinion, this whole sorry saga is entirely your fault.
The Scottish expression "It was'nae me, it was him an'a" does not apply.
Whether you had clearance to fly through the Edin zone or not, or talking to Scottish Information, or Dundee tower, is totally irrelevant.
Perhaps someone should point out that an Air Traffic Controller does not actually have physical control of the aircraft under their "control", YOU have.
If you had a concern regarding fuel quantity in the vicinity of the river Tay, why did you fly out of glide range of Dundee? You had approx 90 nautical miles of very inhospitable terrain to your destination. You were surrounded by fuel available airfields, Fife, Dundee, Perth, Strathallan, Cumbernauld, Edinburgh, East Fortune, Thornhill. Yet, on the advice of a childhood hero, you chose a tree, on a golf course with long grass fairways, a few miles north & the other side of town to your nearest airfield & you seriously expect people to believe this was your best option?
The press report your last position as, on a train wearing pyjamas & a yellow jacket!! What else is there to say?