PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SYD Airport Security Confiscates "Dangerous" Tuna
Old 15th Aug 2009, 17:42
Eclan

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Why are crews subjected to further screening before going to work.........objects on an aircraft that can be used as weapons.
Yes, all the talk of physics is pointless in the bigger scheme but at least possibly gives the punters like Bullstrode a bit of a clue as to the processes involved. But even less worthwhile than pedantics is the endless and predictable remonstrations about the other "weapons" to be found onboard an airliner by those who are fully-informed yet somehow still ignorant.

It's been pointed out time and time again, even on pprune, that the main perceived threat in mind with regard to aircrew is the "innocent" crew-member who is coerced into carrying an item into the sterile area for use by a culprit in his illegal activities.

If you plan to rally the industry to some sort of action, at least demonstrate an understanding of your goal. Rather than rant about weapons already on board an aircraft, try to understand the bigger picture. It's been discussed here ad nauseum but some people just don't seem to get it.

Trying to argue with the security drone about your can of tuna is pointless, immature and frankly the vain hope of success held by the crew member demonstrates a level of IQ which should not be seen in a professional pilot.

If I was a passenger, I'd rather be flying with the guy who's seen to breeze through security effortlessly because he was smart enough to remove all items of interest from his bags long ago. Not so keen on flying with someone who's so dumb he's still arguing the toss every time he goes to work, after all these years, instead of just putting his tuna in his suitcase. It's a mug's game.

When you organise your rally, please post the details; I'll be there.