PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2009, 14:27
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am glad to hear you are confident about the future, and Im being sincere because I'm thinking about joining
I am actually, this airline entered this recession with a very good cash position because they where planning to upgrade their fleet but due to Boeing's woes and all the problems they have had with the 787 and the 748, ANA ended up with a good economical position from the sell of their stock in NCA and the sell of some of their hotels here in Japan. Of course I don't have a crystal ball and we are watching all these developments carefully but we are watching them with more curiosity than concern since they have always stated that their subsidiaries are part of their restructuring plans (lets face it, we are cheap)

About your specific question on AJV, I'll let one of my AJV compadres take a swing at it

Do you guys think someone with over 3000 hrs total time with no jet experience can get a shot in the year 2011 when things turn around..If so
what can a guy do to get himself ready besides trying to get jet time
which is hard to get where I live...
It will be impossible for me to predict their need in two or three years from now or how will the "supply and demand" balance swing. The job is pretty competitive right now and they are hiring guys for F/O slots right now that actually meet captain minimums so all I can say is stay tuned and see what happens