PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: AFAP and the Mutual Benefit Fund
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2009, 05:16
maui

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
ITCZ

Like the meterological area you represent, you are a tad confused.

It is unfair to conclude that those proposing a rule change do so to benefit themselves, or could somehow care less because 'their money' is not involved
If you are inferrring, my comments suggested this, read again. (keyword technically)

It has been my experience that those pilots who willingly give up valuable drinking time/family time/recreation time to administer and represent pilots in union activities and not-for-profit organisations, are usually motivated by a sense of the group, responsibility to the community and advancement of the profession.
Toatally concur.

I have had the pleasure of working alongside both the AFAP president and the MBF chair, and know them to be men who, if faced with a choice, will think it through, and do what they believe is right, not what suits them. Both have been faced similar tests in the past, and chosen the path that they believed was right, and wore the personal cost.
If this is the case. How is that two individuals, apparently working to the same ideals, can be so at loggerheads. If they both are doing what they believe is right and if their perception of what is right is alligned, there could be no difference between the two. As it is, there is a major rift.
Ergo there is a major difference between the two, as to what is right.
Ergo there is a need for serious discussion betweeen the parties to determine what IS RIGHT.

It is my understandng that the AAPMBF Chairman has refused any meaningful dscussion, and has even failed to disclose tothe AFAP President,what the AFAP has done to incurr the wrath of the AAPMBF board.
Shame on that man.

Point of order overruled.

Maui