PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. pilots will not be armed... (merged)
Old 30th May 2002, 15:53
Tripower455

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
Thanks for the defense Orca, but since 18 wheeler can't argue a point logically, he resorts to insult and innuendo.......It's sad that people like him are in the aviation industry.....

BTW, 18 wheeler.

I sent Lowlight over because he's a former USMC scout/sniper and an expert with firearms
Is this the sentance that you are referring to? While I respect his FORMER position (scout sniper is a tough MOS), his statements re: firearms on aircraft show quite a bit of ignorance on this subject, which brought on my rhetorical question, "professional what?". Since I am a professional pilot, I do not comment on scout snipering.

Once again, I challenge you to refute (sans insult) ONE statement I've made on this subject or at least come up with some sort of viable solution to suicidal hijackers. BTW, what exactly IS your position in the aviation field? You CAN'T be a pilot!

{edit}
Never mind, after reading your website, I find that not only are you a pilot, but we have very similar backrounds and interests. Why one would want to attempt to get 500 hp from half an engine is beyond me though .

Why the hostility for disagreeing with you on this subject? I have read every post on this and other threads, and still haven't seen any alternative that is as viable, effective or SIMPLE as arming trained pilots. If I sound like a broken record, then CONVINCE me that there is a workable, effective alternative. There are lots of issues to address, but none that are unworkable.

Insulting me or others that disagree with you makes you look bad. I am only assuming that you disagree with my position since you never actually counter any of my statements, just post insults.

Last edited by Tripower455; 30th May 2002 at 16:41.