PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2009, 23:31
Clear_Prop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DutchBru:

To doubt the official investigating body and contrary to BEA's concrete findings speculate otherwise on NO evidence at all is irresponsible and a waste of space.
Is it? Are you sure? So accepting on blind faith the hastily assembled preliminary observations of the official investigators' hypotheses based on some very limited bits of evidence is ok is it? I dont see much yet that can be labelled as "concrete findings" from anyone, even BEA.

I dont mean to single you out on this DB, because your response was quite valid and yes I agree it is frustrating to read the same things coming back again and again. However, whether we like it or not, iteration is a hugely important aspect of any kind of problem solving. It is only annoying in this forum because it is inconvenient; it doesn't fit neatly into a single-thread debating format.

So, either we take the view DB alludes to that there is no point whatsoever to this thread and we should just let the investigators do their job...

...or we allow this thread to stand as a collective demonstration that the aviation community will not accept less than the highest standard of problem solving in this case.

Whether the investigators take heed of some of the additional cognitive reasoning being offered by contributors to this forum, or not, they will surely be aware that this is one of the key places at which their findings MUST stand up to criticism.

Unfortunately in the field of problem solving it is NOT sufficient to say "Oh I wish people would shut up about x,y,z because they were mentioned 130 pages ago" because unless these things churn over and get re-evaluated obvious missing links will stay missing. It took a 13 year old kid to point out the that dial-up could become DSL due to an obvious oversight by an entire industry.

- I agree it is frustrating to read all the repitition though, particularly in such a complicated case. I would propose to the moderators that AF447 should temporarily occupy its own section within Pprune - with seperate sub-threads for the main debating issues, general news and a summary; until such a time as the evidence, reporting, speculation and debate of each nuance begin to gravitate towards something conclusive.