PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2009, 20:49
DesertHawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Pakistan is not currently a war zone.
2. Changing Military control in Iraq. Americans are currently in process of changing over responsibility to Iraqi control. Unfortunately no one knows what the outcome will be and like it or not until this situation is stable and proves it has sustainability no one can assure safety.
3. Read the paper!!!!! I have skipped through monthly number on civilian deaths over the past 6 months in Iraq. Causes are various. Suicide bombs, car bombs, IED's. These are happening at a rate that is unsafe for civilian expats to even consider visiting.
4. No ability to overnight. Fact is is something ever did happen what is the crews options? Stay in aircraft Try to convince someone that it is safe when they can not leave the terminal for fear of death!!!\

5. Life insurance is not awarded in case of death inside a war zone. The reason these companies have clauses is because if u are in a internationally recognized war zone chance of death is greatly increased. (not sure but i think it is very obvious)

Tristar: I can go on but, I am getting bored of trying to explain something that you have no interest in even considering. Facts are all neutral governments, including mine, clearly state not to travel at all to Iraq. It is too early to consider civilian aircraft operations in Iraq. I know it will happen eventually and that is a positive step. Honestly though I came here to fly aircraft in a safe, professional environment not to be told to fly into a war zone where there have been over 2200 deaths in the last 6 months or so. Some may laugh and hate GF but overall it has been great. This is just something I can not overlook due to many factors. It is just sad that Gf has to be the testing grounds cause we have fallen so far behind. End of the day you can go there if you want but I am taking care of me first. My arse is not gonna go until I feel 100percent so sit back and say what u want.!!!