PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2009, 20:22
brassplate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
while we're at it, why don't we commence services to kabul and kandahar?
get where i'm getting at?
by the way, iraq is officially a war zone. pakistan is not.
let me reiterate what i said before.
Bomb attacks targeting Shia pilgrims kill at least 37 in Iraq - The Irish Times - Sat, Aug 08, 2009

a lot of shiite from bahrain will be interested in going to baghdad because of the holy sites. apart from those places, the only other concentration of these shiites will be at the airport, making airports easy targets.

i
would take my family to Iraq as long as we stay in the plane and dont get out of the terminal.
flying to iraq is not safe. nothing can prevent someone launching a missile from a shoulder launcher at you on approach and departure. this has been proven by the shooting of the dhl a300. things have NOT improved since then.

So whats wrong with iraq?
come on!!!! pull your head out of your ring, buddy. if you are a gf manager which i think you are, woe to all of us!!

If it isnt safe for GF to fly to Iraq then why is it safe for GF to fly Pakistan?
is that question meant to make iraq look safe?
to educate you, risk increases when exposure increases. like the roads in bahrain....spend enough time on them, you're bound to have a prang with some idiot who is on the mobile while balancing a baby on one knee and scratching his gonads with the other hand. you keep insisting on going to dangerous places, you increase the chances of getting caught. it is called risk management. you minimise risk, not subject yourself to more of it. not in this industry. and don't you dare say the little book on the dash will protect us all.