PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental flight forced down by turbulence
Old 14th Aug 2009, 17:56
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOL - And Silly PAX

MOL? - The owner of a certain "Emerald Coloured" airline

I've been a Frequent Flier for many years in/to/from the Middle East, mostly with GF. The average (read - those speaking from right to left ) pax takes absolutely no notice of any of the briefing - the cell-phones bleeping aweay on approach make that clear (Don't even get me started on cruise-liner-trunks in the overheads!)

GF, on longhaul, not only ask you to keep your belts on regardles of the signs except when you need to move around, but also to ask that you belt-up over your blanket if you want to sleep - so they can check without waking you if there's any expected bumps coming up. While moving arouind the cabin, they check, and politely remind any pax not doing so.

The belt lights are put on when the front end deem it wise, and are switched of otherwise, so there's no need for excessive crossing of legs, or 'cry wolf syndrome' over the warnings. Like previous posters, my dearly-beloved has also been trained to listen to the briefing and to keep the belt on

(My first post in R&N for a couple of years! Hope you don't mind my 2 Hahalas-worth)