PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. pilots will not be armed... (merged)
Old 30th May 2002, 14:22
Lowlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can list a dozen or so terrorist, but Rahamutallah Safi, was trained by Russian Spetznaz in 60's, USA AND CIA at Bragg, Peary, & Pickett in 80's and Brit Regiments after (Scotland). We also trained Tibetan Rebels in Colorado, Trained others in US, Yousaf, Sayyad, Etc... Common knowlwedge these guys were brought over. We even have a US school dedicated to training South Americans... Just like we are training in Georgia, Philippines, and Yemen.

We gave 45 mil a year in training to Afghan Rebels from 7 Factions, 4 or which were "extremist".

Read "Fighting Dirty" 600+ of covert operations training.

Glaser's penetrate first, sorry will cut bulkhead up. Subsonic yes, still powerful enough to break something BIG. If you feel they are safe, take off alone, and shoot inside the plane then call me.

Question, Bulletproof vests set off metal detectors, yes or no?

A gun only protects the man carrying it, your locked in the cockpit with you gun, plane lands and crew is dead but you live, "survior guilt" anyone... Besides don't you guys have Axes already near your seats? Weak side shooting easy to teach? OK, then don't use it for a year and tell me how it goes... Who is paying for the class, who is paying for the Glocks? Ariline, or Pilot?

I will get the reports on PO, bottom line: 3 rounds aren't required to go into the ground, it is where the end up from the excitment, hand goes on pistol, finger on trigger, rounds start to fly out as they draw, called stress...

The systems needs a bunch of overhaul, but if I know your armed, I will play up to that, all I need is disrupt security, disurpt normal flight activity and get you to make 1 mistake and I set all this back 20 years, publc will turn on you, turn on Airline and turn on everyone else for arming you. The day you get armed I work towards that, may take 2 years but I work on nothing but that scenerio.

Don't get me wrong if I was flying I want a gun too, but not for any other reason but a greedy, personal, self satistifying reason, hardly as noble as protecting the plane or passengers.

Paper mache doors, get new doors, better locks along with electronic bolt locks that work off panic button, then you don't need a gun if you not exiting the cockpit.

we can go back and forth, but with looking at the total cross section of pilots, the average level of training, the training necessary to bring all up to speed and stay there, the point is lost. Effort vs Risk vs Reward, and I think the math is in Effort vs Risk's favor.

How much is a Sky Marshal paid vs a Military Soldier, Sailor or Marine? Which has large numbers, is cost effective, and can be rotated in and out before getting complacient? Plus changes the face in the seat, how about that for an unknown variable vs Solution, may not even have to overly arm them, thought alone would deter, especially if you were unsure how many guys on any given flight...

Last edited by Lowlight; 30th May 2002 at 14:30.