PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-Air Collision Over New York.
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2009, 14:32
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yes, preconceived ideas, PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE, if one wishes to live to be an auld pilot.

an easy example is the colonial staidness syndrome, so easily seen in the backblocks of old cattle communities in places like North Queesnland.
Yer know, 'that's the way my father dunnit-anthat'stheway-I'm gonnadunnit, - like, Eh maite.!!. Ehhh.

Methinks that flying lawyer and a couple of others are doing an excellent job of answering queries, some of which have been put tiresomely repetitively before, and that it is time that we moved on.

what may have worked for decades did not work here, the proof is in.

one must be able to have a small airspace bust, accidental or for emergency, and not have fatalities.

Lets hope we all move onto better mental manipulation in our procedures and flight conduct to cover for this tragedy with better airspace management.

No!, no I don't think that anyone will disagree with any of that.

Also, I for one will not condemm a small "inappropriate" comment by an air trafficker.
That is often how these guys test the water to see if things are really as OK as they are being made out to be. They may not know that they are doing it, but you often hear it.

Let's hope that rellies, and others connected to the affected, do not have to suffer the inconsequental drivel of the last few repeated questions and perplexing sitreps, and that SP will close this thread off until a report comes thru from NTSB.

I say this for the sake of those affected who may be scanning these pages.
cheers tet.