PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MK Airlines is free again!!
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2009, 08:16
Mr Mugabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel MK MK What To Do

Hi guys..........
I have read this thread with interest!
Boy has MK come a long way since the days of Masiamani (don't have a clue how to spell his name sorry) and Kruger.
I jest by the way.
They left Affretair as Mike was never going to be the boss there, like Jack Malloch, his Uncle by the way! Took six mates and started MK.
The M part of the company, I feel the most wise, pulled the pin not too long after the company started. From what I heard did not like the way things were heading, mmmmm, so him and Mike parted ways.
At this stage there were only Zimbo's flying for them, why? Simply because these were the only guys who were offered the jobs, again why? These were the guys who would do it the MK way.
Well it worked for quite a while. The company grew and grew! The conditions never changed........ Every time there was some money it was spent on equipment, either aircraft (not spares or maintenance I hasten to add) or Landhurst.
When the 747's arrived Mike coerced a bunch of Cathay boys to show him "how it was done"! How long did they and the Cathay Ops manual last?
Back to the MK way.
A few prangs along the way were but mere pits in the road! That was until Halifax!
A 747 wreck in a first world country really gets the authorities to sit up and take notice!
So they have to change to the UK Reg and comply with all their rules and regs. Things from here on never seem to get much better, they lost the contract in Kenya, that after the main man there bought the airline to get them out of trouble! Now they are owned by some Dr guy...........

I won't go on........ as I think you get the picture.
All I want to ask is a couple of questions...
1. Why was Mike Kruger never the owner?
2. Did no one ever think that what they were doing was either wrong, stupid and unsafe or all three (except possibly the Cathay boys)
3. Will it ever change.
4. How long has South Africa got before it plummets into ruins like Zimbabwe or will it be different? This for those that live in SA as it relates to the afford-ability of working for MK.

Some will wonder why I typed this post and it for one and only one reason.......

And to the rest of you that were never there let me tell you they are the best bunch of guys one could work with

Well said sayswho