PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Simulator-No More Chocolate or Decent Food at CAE
Old 14th Aug 2009, 06:04
BackpackPilot
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose the tea and bickies will be next...

Lounge access doesn't bother me. A free mars bar or a sh!t sandwiche? Pfffffft.....

It's the stingy, tight-fisted, penny-pinching nature which "offends." They were tightening the screws years before they saw the profit go from 1.0 billion to "only" 0.4 billion.

You have to turn out the FLUORO lights but the bonii are still being paid (above our grade).

You have to pay for utilities now, contrary to what they promised you, but the bonii are still being paid (above our grade).

More flying but no more over-time pay for it FOR YOU but the bonii are still being paid (above our grade).

Now they've cut off our precious free mars bars, flat sodas, meatless mini-pizzas and sh!t sandwiches... it's the mentality behind it which bothers some people.

By the way, I ate my fair share of those delicious free mars bars (and so am partly responsible for the state of our poor company now as well as the BMI Index farce) and I ask you - how many times did you see the white stuff all over the chocolate? This means they're AGED, friends. Maybe EK were buying time-expired stock and passing it off as caring-sharing freebies at our first-rate facility.

Half-price old stock mars bars - what a joke! Just like the "special" Dom in first class, nothing is QUITE what they desperately want it to look like but won't actually pay for.

Would someone please ask the boss if it's okay for us to still use the lounge to just sit in the corner quietly, if we promise not to eat any of the lovely, delicious stale sandwiches and old mars bars? We could put some plastic chairs in the corner away from the free internet and the food just for The Professionals who fly their billions of dollars worth of brand new jets.