PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK new FCI: As pilots you can't open the cabin doors!
Old 14th Aug 2009, 05:13
BackpackPilot
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm bemused and a little saddened by my so-called professional colleagues who almost seem to regard it as a race to get the next damning FCI/FCN/management email on PPRuNe for a little whinge.
But like us you can't wait to get back here to read of the latest misery/stupidity and whinges! Because we have nothing else to do apart from swapping flights and going to the mall.
I have offered to back up a cabin crew in opening a door, they also challenged the legality of my doing so, and in two cases refused.
Why not thank them for their input and offer them another night in the destination to wait for the next flight back to Dubai where they can explain why they refused an instruction regarding the doors from His Excellency, the Right Royal Grand Poobah el Capitano. AKA "stood down". It sends a message in the language CC management understand: FEAR and ACTION.

But doing that might mean "growing a pair" for some guys here. Let's face it, IFS run this show and you even have CC telling the captain he's not allowed to open "their" door. Didn't TCAS even tell you at those meetings to grow a pair and remember who's in charge?