PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet base @ Rome FCO
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2009, 23:02
main_dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You lucky ba$%&rd!

I didn't know EZ were opening a FCO base? You'll be inundated with applications!

Rome will drive you nuts in many ways: yes, ATC can be dodgy, road traffic in and around Rome is a nightmare, getting anything done (internet/phone connected) can take eons and requires the patience of a buddhist monk,

HOWEVER

The weather is great (FCO is especially blessed, with no obstacles and great WX) and the food is wonderful. You can choose to live near the sea (up by Santa Marinella prices are reasonable and the sea is nice, and you're about 30-45 min from the airport and little more from the centre of town), or by the lake (Bracciano and Martignano both nice, reasonably priced and about the same distance), or even in Rome which is still the most beautiful city on earth (con buona pace di tutti i non-romani ).

The people, while sometimes a little "rough around the edges" are usually very friendly to foreigners, especially if you try to make an effort and speak even just a little Italian. I miss the FCO base I had in my previous airline

I envy you mate