PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down in Dundee
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2009, 22:57
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kiltie

In my earlier posts I had some sympathy for him as we have all done something in the past in aviation which made us think " that was pretty stupid thank god I got away with it".

His lack of experience and very low hours further got my sympathy.

Most of us faced with such a big lesson have humility. It makes us examine what we have done. We might even grab an instructor and beg that he sorts out a gap in our flying.

So far this guy doesnt appear to accept any responsibility for the accident that befell him but seems to revel in his own heroism at saving his kneck and those on the ground.

He hardly was a victim of an aircraft failure who braved all odds to bring his aircraft down safely and in the process risked his life further to avoid hurting others.

Infact he appears to have unilaterally created this accident by appalling airmanship and flying skills.

To run out of fuel is in itself totally unnaceptable.

What did he think? that he could stop at a gas station midair? or park up if the engine stopped?

We do have to question whether the training for a NPPL is adequate.

Someone will have to examine how so many errors could possibly occur in a pilot trained to a standard which allowed this guy to achieve a NPPL.

Maybe the blame lies there and not with the pilot?

Pace