PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ NZRO to YSSY
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2009, 22:42
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the PacBlue prices out of NZHN with the exception of the introductory prices weren't that much different from what Air NZ were charging. Stumpy, can you quote figures to prove your point?

Will PacBlue be any cheaper out of NZHN than AirNZ will be out of NZRO?

The drive between HN and AA is much easier than the drive between RO and HN and there is a very well established airport shuttle network between NZHN and NZAA. I don't see PacBlue dragging to many from NZRO.

Stumpy you also forget the fact that in addition to the cheaper prices, NZAA has a much wider selection of flight times. One of the big problems at NZHN was the time of day and the frequency, i.e. the arrival and departure times weren't all that user friendly and you could only go to certain destinations on certain days. The PacBlue offering doesn't change any of that.

(2) Hamilton is not a well established destination in Australia
Hamilton isn't a destination for any market in my view.

Why has it taken till now for the Waikato region to start trying to attract tourists. The airport company of all people has employed a tourism marketing guru. They certainly didn't do their bit to support AirNZ in that regard yet were pretty quick to condemn Air NZ when they pulled out.