Old 13th Aug 2009, 21:23
Cpt.Jingles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VistaJet Salzburg is hiring, but bad contracts are offered

Good+bad news for jobseekers:

Good:
VistaJet is hiring again on all fleets (see website www.vistajet.com,
-->careers, -->Flightcrew
Looking for experienced and typerated Capt. and F/O on Lear, Challenger and BD700 fleets. Good luck for everybody looking for an opportunity.

Bad:
Offering insulting slavery contracts for the new joiners, the new contracts are containing some hilarious terms:

-Salary consists of a base pay + additional flight pay/day, base pay includes 8 working days/month, within the 17on/13off roster the remaining 9 days are paid with the daily flightpay.

e.g. Capt. Challenger, 1st year:
base pay 36k €/year, flightpay 260 €/day leads to a salary of
64080 €/year (before taxes). After taxes (as a single in Austria or Germany) this will give you a net income of only approximately around 32000 €/year.

First Officers salarys are approximately half of the Cpt. values shown above.

-Company decides how much you work, so be prepared for an extremely low salary with only base pay in some month if not on the go.

-Working times:
Roster is 17on/13off, but with crewfactor 2 !!! changes are and have been a continues situation within the company. Be prepared to stay 4-6 weeks on a tour away from home with short notice due to planning problems/crew illnesss etc. On the other hand, depending on the rostering departments needs, your off time at home can be reduced to 5 days/month anytime company deems necessary (delayed plane delivery etc.).

As a result of the low crewfactor they try to shift the financial risks and results of this bad planning on the employees back to keep the salary costs as cheap as possible and the companys profit high.

I welcome everybody as a new collegue, but be advised of the terms of this new contract, read it carefully and decide if you want to put yourself into a slavery. I know these are hard times for some without a job, but I really hope they will not find enough guys to sign this nonsens which lowers the conditions even more.

Cheers!