PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways On The Slippery Slope
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2002, 11:24
A300Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Qatar Airways On The Slippery Slope

Guys,
I've read all of your interesting postings on the subject of QR. Like Taba, I worked on the other side of the door too. The situation at QR now is absolutely terrible, and the worst it has ever been.

The sudden departure of several high profile management (including the GMFOPS and GM Cabin Crew) goes to show the level that the Company has descended to (no pun intended).

The current expansion - whilst encouraging in the current climate - is bound to be the beginning of the end. Crew and staff morale is an an all time low. As posted in the CC Forum, I noted that on almost every flight, there are maximum 2 senior crew, and the remaining 9 are all brand new. Passengers are now starting to notice the difference and complaints are at an all time high.

The Company has some really smashing deck and cabin crew. The remaining cabin crew who were the pioneers and who joined the company back in 1996 are now totally sick and are being treated like children by the CEO (or Poisoned Dwarf as you seem to call him).

Staff turnover is unbelievable - 6 CSD's have resigned and left the company within the last month, along with another 16 crew.

One thing only needs to change to ensure that a company with incredible potential does not shatter into irrecoverable pieces - REPLACE THE CEO IMMEDIATELY. This guy will be the ruin of Qatar Airways.

(Do you know that he has imposed a rule on all staff going on leave that they cannot carry more than 20kgs of hold luggage on a flight. Just imagine going on leave for the first time in 12 months, and only being able to carry 20kgs of luggage. Crew who turn up at the airport with 21kgs or 30kgs are not allowed to submit their luggage, or must pay a fine to be allowed to check-in the same........which other airline in the world treats it's loyal servants with such disdain and filfthy discourtesy.)

Ciao