PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class E down to 4500ft overhead YWLM?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2009, 15:41
GaryGnu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Public vs Otherwise

LeadSled,

I think you will find the real objection is to the replacement on Class C (Not G) with Non-surveillance Class E.

You may be correct about your assertions regarding the Draft AAPS. However, this is policy and is strictly the domain of politicians. Prior to its election the ALP stated its determination to axe inapropriate airspace reforms. I suppose we will see where this policy ends up very soon. If i recall correctly the ALP Senators and MHRs responsible for this policy area made their objection to the NAS and its proponents very clear. The current ALP government may have its faults but it appears resolute in pursiung its policy objectives.

My rather sarcastic remark about the CASA CEO (Director of Aviation Safety) was based only on the common observation that a public servant will always back the published government policy. If you think Mr McCormick will do otherwise please expand on your remarks. (And yes I do acknowledge that the position we are discussing has a degree of statutory independence- as ably demonstrated by Mr Toller during the the NAS 2c debacle)

Given the risk based philosophies of the OAR and the published Albury review would they really redesignate all terminal airspace there as Class G and declare a CTAF (R)?