PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is Air Canada losing so much money and what can done about it?
Old 13th Aug 2009, 12:08
Saltaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said nolimitholdem couldn't agree more, the difference between international AC and EK is not even comparable. We use to dread getting on AC from LHR. This is why the gov't is stepping forward and making an about face on "open skies". BA, Cathay, Korean, China, Singapore seem to do pretty well out of Canada...they would rather have warm and fuzzy service and a great product than fly a maple leaf tail. EK would dominate and destroy AC's product all day long, and they know it.

And on the subject on tails...Could AC have a worse livery? The previous one was great and I did feel a bit of pride seeing an AC tail.

I do wish you'd soften the arguement though, many of us would love to start ops to YYC and YVR !

And Tan, most of us make the best of it here, some even love it. EK flies to a far more varied and interesting network, not to mention the superior equipment and younger attractive FA's from the world over.

Making the grade at AC? The most nepotistic dad's buddy, jazz flow through, Irene H gift giving airline going. From another former AC loser , i don't miss it for a second....

Last edited by Saltaire; 13th Aug 2009 at 12:20.