PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for Lion Air
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2009, 11:23
snoop doggy dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Good advice BoeingDriverUSA

Boy boys boys. It's easy to see what BoeingDriverUSA is saying. Learn your craft, do some type of apprenticeship to become an old and good pilot.

You need to make every post a winner Apply for ALL the jobs you can and if you get a Cessna job, take it! If you have a choice, take the one that helps your career the best. But apply for all the jobs that you can.

Some of the best jobs in North America I would think, are in Canada flying in and out of the bush. That's how we do it in Oz By all means, if you have the opportunity for what seems a better job, then take it.

My career has taken me from piston bangers around the bush in Oz to flying Jets around the world. In Oz (due to the way things are), I have been blessed (I'm not a bible basher, just lucky!) to have flown in many different types of aircraft and situations.

These days, I have a reasonable grasp on the things around me..... the weather, my work mates (matettes), aircraft etc. I think that BoeingDriverUSA was trying to alert you guys to other things that do go on .

My missus is from East Java. We had some news when we were there once, about a Guarda flight into Central Java. The Skipper tried to land his Jet aircraft at around 60 kts more than Vapp, into a relatively short strip for a Jet. I am sure that most could find info on this disaster. A Go Around would have averted disaster, and a lot of people would have lived another day.

Be careful for what you want guys, as you may get it

All the very best to everyone and I hope that you make good career choices

Last edited by snoop doggy dog; 13th Aug 2009 at 12:12. Reason: spelling