PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: APNG Twin Otter Missing
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2009, 08:52
sid Otoole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kokoda

I took particular note of your thread on this latest tradgedy.

I am stuck in Montreal on another matter (bandit ENB) and cannot get back to PNG to head this investigatio.

I must admit I initiaolly took some offence at one of your comments but I only hope that the PNG departments now realise that the way the Australian government has intervened ( assisted) is the only way you can conduct this type of work. God knows we have been trying to change things in this regard for years but to no avail.

Can I respectfully suggest that the acft accident investigations are done to the same standard as the funding, facilities, manpower, equipment and departmental backup that is provided by the PNG government !!!!!!!!!!!

Come and sped a month or two with me and you will soon find out what really goes on in the background immediately after an aircraft accident occurrs. Take for EG the last bandit accident, it has taken us 2 years 3 months and 3 weeks to the day to get the money to retrieve the engines for inspection at P and W canada. Thats why we are here and or in PNG attending to the latest accident.

Please dont be critical of something you have no knowledge of especially when i am a one man band trying to operate in incredibly trying circumstances . And by the way most times, the job only gets done because my engineer and I pay for it out of our own pockets.