PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2009, 01:18
brassplate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think you are management, tristarfivestar aka uglyraedII. and you are an absolute twit.

whatever safety is in place (fdm, foqa blah blah blah) for gf, nothing can stop someone from launching something at the aircraft during approach or departure as was the case for that dhl a300....unless you want to add flares or ground to air missile countermeasures to the fleet.

has gf thought out what would happen to the crew if an aircraft went tech on the ground at baghdad or najaf? how is fdm or foqa gonna save your @rse if some group decides to have a go at the airport? they are still out there by the hundreds maybe thousands and still killing hundreds by the week

this other line about 'other airlines' operating there already is cheap. only desperate airlines are operating there. the worst bit is that management once again wants to cover up their incompetence at running an airline by trying to make a quick buck out of iraq.....at the expense of the lives of the crew.

there was already a brief regarding overflights over iraqi airspace, the inherent dangers, the unavailability of suitable 'safe' alternates especially from within iraq, and now this...a complete 'u' turn, reversing all that [email protected] saying overnight, that's it safe safe safe safe safe and....safe.
when management does that, it only reinforces further their idiocy, their incompetence, their lack of regard to their own safety standards, and their lack of regard of you and me!

my fellow crew members, this is what we are facing. idiots who play with our lives while they sit on their safe and comfortable armchairs in their safe and comfortable offices.